Area: 292,135 square miles [756,626 square kilometers]
Population: 17.91 [2016 est]
Economy: Chile has the most stable and developed economy in Latin America, but poverty is still widespread.
Monetary Unit: Chilean peso
Religion: ≈ 59% Catholic, ≈ 17% Evangelical Christian, ≈ 19% Agnostic or Atheist , ≈ 4% other religions
The Chilean Flag: The star represents a guide to progress and honor, blue symbolizes the sky and the Pacific Ocean, white is for the snow-covered Andes , and red stands for the blood spilled to achieve independence
Country Prayer Points:
- Social changes reflect a more liberal Chile. Divorce, crime, drug abuse, homosexuality and materialism are all increasing in this traditionally conservative nation.
- The majority of those remaining in the Catholic church have a tendency to treat Catholicism as a traditional identity rather than a deliberate life of faith, especially among the upper class.
- Among the indigenous in Chile, animistic beliefs and superstitions are often mixed with Christianity.
- Leadership in the church can be negatively influenced by inadequate training, legalism, and a substitute of personal opinion for solid biblical teaching.
- A vision for missions is needed in the heart of the Chilean church.
- Ethnic minorities, both indigenous and immigrant, are sometimes faced with discrimination.
- 10.7% of Chile is unreached by the gospel.